It’s impossible to make your house perfectly secure, but there are low-tech measures that will do a good percent of the job!
Security Tips from Williamsburg Locksmith:
1. Replace hollow-core wood exterior doors with solid wood or steel doors.
2. Reinforce wood door jambs with additional steel plates, which make the door harder to kick in.
3. Replace weak locks – Install strike plates made of heavy-duty metal, and secure them with 3-inch screws.
4. Replace sidelight glass with shatter-resistant polycarbonate.
5. Lock doors whenever you leave the house, even for a short time. In fact, lock doors and windows when you’re home, too.
6. Light up the outdoors.